The Highland Perthshire burgh of Pitlochry is a Victorian town which developed into a tourist resort after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert visited the area in 1842. Well-connected with trains to Inverness in the north and Perth in the south, the A9 for cars and Sustrans NCN 7 for cyclists, the town is known for its Pitlochry Festival Theatre, salmon ladder and as a centre for outdoor activities.
Escape Route, a bike shop and café offers hire bikes and equipment. Pitlochry has a well-stocked supermarket and several smaller shops. A great variation of accommodation is available, ranging from hostels to luxury hotels.
Routes near Pitlochry
- Duntanlich Weekend GrinderDistance kmAscent mTime 3-4 hrs
- Drovers TrailDistance kmAscent mTime 4 days
- Drovers Trail - Stage 1Distance kmAscent mTime 7-10 hrs
- Cairngorms Grand TourDistance kmAscent mTime 6 – 8 hrs
- There are no results for this search, try a different search